Any time your skin is not protected by sunscreen or clothes and gets too much sun, it can burn or tan. But why do some people get a sunburn and others get a suntan? You have something called melanin in your skin. It’s the stuff that gives your skin its color. People who have dark skin have more melanin.
Your body normally makes melanin to try to protect the deeper layers of your skin from damage. When your skin gets damaged by the sun’s rays, it makes even more melanin to try to protect your skin from being damaged even more.
That causes the skin to change color: Dark-skinned people usually turn darker brown, or tan, when they go in the sun. Light-skinned people usually turn more red, or burn, when they go in the sun.
STEP 1: SCRUB
- Take 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix it in a bowl. Don’t mix it much as sugar will dissolve then.
- Gently rub this on affected area for 2 minutes.
- Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal or cold water.
STEP 2: FACE PACK
- Take 1 tomato and grind or blend it into puree.
- Add 2 tbsp. yogurt to it.
- Add 1 tbsp. of lemon juice to this mixture.
- Apply this on tan affected area and leave it for half an hour.
- Wash with lukewarm water.
- Take 1 tbsp. gram flour (besan), add 1 tbsp. yogurt, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. honey.
- Mix all the ingredients until you achieve creamy consistency.
- Apply on tan affected areas. Let it dry for 20 minutes.
- Wet your palms with water and start rubbing the pack gently. This will exfoliate your skin and will remove dust and impurities.
- Wash it off with normal water.
Apply this mask twice or thrice a week for best results.
- Take a bowl and add 1 tbsp. yogurt , add 2 tsp milk, 1 tbsp. raw honey, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tsp rosewater.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture on the tan affected areas.
- Leave it for 20-30 mins and then wash it off with cold water.
Say bye to sun tan with these home remedies.